Search for and Edit User(s)
This lesson will teach you how to search for a user in your Anthology Portfolio system and how to edit their account. Administrators are able to add and remove users to and from departments, change passwords, change privilege levels, and more.
Step 1: Access the Users Screen
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Users & Groups.
3. Select Users.
Step 2: Search for User(s)
On the Users screen:
4. Optionally select a Department/Group to search within.
5. Optionally enter a Permission level to search within.
6. Enter the text that you would like to use for your search (i.e. user name, user email address)
7. Optionally select whether or not to Include Expired Users.
8. Click on the Find Users button.
9. Alternatively, use the Find Duplicate Accounts or Find Unused Accounts buttons.
10. Optionally Export your search results to a TSV file.
NOTE: If you are searching for a Guest account, you MUST select "Guest" in the "Filter by Permission Group(s)" field.
Step 3: Edit User
11. Once you have located the user that you are searching for, click anywhere on their row to reveal their options. Select Edit User.
Edit User Profile Information
12. Enter/Change basic User Profile information - Login Name, First/Last Name, Email Address, Student/Employee Number.
13. Change the User's Password. If you change the User's password, you might want to consider selecting the Request Password Change option below - this will prompt the user to change their password to something more personal or memorable after entering the password that you selected for them.
NOTE: The user will not receive an email to indicate that their password has been changed. Password changes should only occur if it has been requested by the student.
Edit User Privileges
14. Optionally choose to add Public API Admin permissions to the user's account.
15. Select the Permission that you would like to add or remove and use the Arrow Buttons to move them to the appropriate column.
Edit & View Group Membership
Add a User to a Department or Sub-Group:
16. Use the Sources column to locate a department or sub-group that you would like to add the user to. Click the Pick button to move the department or sub-group to the right-hand column.
Remove a User from a Department or Sub-Group:
17. Select the department or sub-group that you would like to remove the user from.
18. Click on the Delete Selected button. If no department or sub-group is selected, the button will read Delete All.
Step 4: Save User Profile
19. If you would not like to edit the user, but would prefer to block the user's account access, click Expire User.
NOTE: In order to renew the account, you will have to use a renewal code.
20. Once you are satisfied with all of your changes, click Save.