Create an Advisor Group
This lesson will teach you how to create an Advisor Group, which can be created by Assessors and Administrators. Advisor Groups allow you to monitor the submissions and assessment results of students that you advise, but whom are either not in your course(s) or whom have submitted work to other assessors.
Step 1: Access Course and Advisor Groups
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Users & Groups.
3. Select Course and Advisor Groups.
Step 2: Create New Advisor Group
Ensuring that you have "Advisor Groups" selected,
4. Click on the New Advisor Group button.
Step 3: Enter Information and Save
5. Enter a Name for the Advisor Group.
6. If the Group Owner (Advisor) will be someone other than yourself, use the Choose Group Owner button.
7. Select whether or not the group will be Inactive.
To add Group Members to the Advisor Group:
8. Using the Sources column, locate the department containing the user(s) that you would like to add to the Advisor Group.
9. Using the Members column, locate the user(s) that you would like to add to the Advisor Group. Drag-and-drop the user(s) into the appropriate third column.
Once you are satisfied with the Advisor Group:
10. Click Save.